lunes, 22 de abril de 2013

Tarea Semana del 22 al 26 de Abril de 2013 CAN and SHOULD

Copia el apunte en tu libreta y resuelve el ejercicio también.

“Can” is used to express ability, willingness, permission, or possibility. The 
negative of can is “cannot” or the contraction “can’t”.

Example: I can cook dinner. 
In this example “can” expresses the ability to cook dinner. 

Example: Can you pass me the ketchup? 
In this example “Can” expresses the willingness pass me the ketchup. 

Example: Can I use your pencil? 
In this example “Can” expresses the permission to use your pencil. 

Example: Intense light can hurt your eyes. 
In this example “can” expresses the possibility of intense light to hurt your eyes. 

Directions: Say how “can” is used in each sentence. Circle “A” if it is used to express ability, “W” if it is used to express willingness, “Per” if it is used to express permission and “Pos” if it is used to express possibility. 

1) I can tie my shoes. A W Per Pos
2) Can I have a piece of gum? A W Per Pos
3) If you ride a motorcycle, you can fall. A W Per Pos
4) Can you get me a drink of water? A W Per Pos
5) I can speak English well. A W Per Pos


Read the sentences. Write should or shouldn´t
 
1)If it´s rainy you  take an umbrella.
 
2)Tom    eat so many lollipops. It´s bad for his teeth.
 
3) a)  I drink hot tea if I have a sore throat?
    b) Yes, you .
 
4) They have a test tomorrow. They   go to the cinema . They  stay at home and study!
 
5) Children  eat  lots of vegetables but they   eat lots of sweets.
 
6) I have a party tonight. What  I wear?  A dress or a pair of trousers?
 
7) The doctor said: "_ You   eat healthy food. You  eat fast food. You   watch so much  
    TV. You   walk 1 hour a day. You  drink fruit juice and water. You   drink wine or beer

Look at the pictures . Make sentences giving advice to these people . Use should.
   He has a      so  
                 He has a  so  
 
   He has a  so 
 
  He has a  so 
 
   He has a  so 
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario